Time & Location
Oct 14, 2023, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Story Rd/US 101 Northbound Off-ramp
About the event
VTA, in a multi-agency partnership with Caltrans Clean CA, California Highway Patrol, Keep America Beautiful, Valley Water, San Jose Mayor Matt Mahan, San Jose District 7 Councilmember Bien Doan, and City of San Jose, have partnered with City of San Jose's Neighborhood Beautification Team in sponsoring a community volunteer cleanup day. The purpose of the event is to increase public awareness of the hazards of improperly disposed trash on the highways to drivers, environment, and residents.
Free litter kits and t-shirts for participating volunteers. Must be 16 years or older, and there is a cap limit on the number of volunteers due to highway work zone safety restrictions.
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Story Rd/US 101 Northbound Off-Ramp, San Jose (Directions)
- Parking: Park along Story Rd. at the designated area next to the off-ramp (Directions)
- 9:00 to 9:15: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:15 to 9:30: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 9:30 to 10:30: Clean off-ramp area
- 10:30 to 11:00: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, and group photo!
Event Day Considerations
Be prepared for both cool and hot weather conditions. Volunteers should wear multi-layers, long pants, closed-toe shoes, and sun protection. Masks requirements are based on current guidance from Santa Clara County Health Department.
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day. (7-day weather forecast for San Jose)
- Clean-up equipment, personal protective gear, bottled waterm and light snacks will be provided.