Time & Location
Aug 05, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
7th St/I-280 Northbound Off-Ramp
About the event
VTA, in a multi-agency partnership with Caltrans Clean CA, California Highway Patrol, Keep America Beautiful, Valley Water, and City of San Jose, have partnered with City of San Jose's Neighborhood Beautification Team and San Jose State University in sponsoring a community volunteer cleanup day for San Jose's SUN and Reed neighborhoods. The purpose of the event is to increase public awareness of the hazards of improperly disposed trash on the highways to drivers, environment, and residents.
Free litter kits and t-shirts for participating volunteers. Must be 16 years or older. There is a limit on the number of volunteers due to Caltrans highway work zone safety restrictions.
- Date: Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Location: 7th St/I-280 Northbound Off-Ramp, San Jose (Directions)
- Parking: On-street parking or 195 E. Virginia St, San Jose (Directions)
- 9:00 to 9:15: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:15 to 9:30: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 9:30 to 10:30: Clean off-ramp area
- 10:30 to 11:00: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, and group photo!
Event Day Considerations
Be prepared for both cool and hot weather conditions. Volunteers should wear multi-layers, long pants, closed-toe shoes, and sun protection. Masks requirements are based on current guidance from Santa Clara County Health Department.
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day. (7-day weather forecast for San Jose)
- Clean-up equipment, personal protective gear, bottled waterm and light snacks will be provided.