Time & Location
Jun 24, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Branham Ln/Hwy 85 Northbound Off-ramp
About the event
Caltrans Clean CA, BeautifySJ, VTA KSCVB Cleanup, and San Jose District 9 Councilmember Pam Foley are teaming together to host a volunteer community cleanup in San Jose. The purpose of the event is to increase public awareness of the hazards to drivers and the environment of littering on the highways.
- Date: Saturday, June 24, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Location: Branham Ln/Hwy 85 Northbound Off-Ramp, San Jose (Directions)
- Parking: 1705 Branham Ln, San Jose (Directions)
Prize drawings for volunteers! (Must be 16 years or older. Limited capacity.)
- 9:00 to 9:15: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:15 to 9:30: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 9:30 to 11:00 Clean off-ramp area
- 11:00 to 11:15: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, drawing for prizes
- 11:15 to 11:30: Conclude event
Considerations for event day
Be prepared for cooler weather conditions in the morning. Wear layers, if possible. We encourage volunteers to wear long pants, closed-toed shoes, and sun protection (i.e. hats and sunglasses).
We will provide single bottled water.
Masks are not required but recommonded. (Masks will be provided should you forget to bring one).
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day. (10-day weather forecast for San Jose)
- Clean-up equipment, safety vests, and snacks will be provided.