Time & Location
Mar 25, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
I-280/7th St, Southbound On-Ramp
About the event
Caltrans Clean CA, BeautifySJ, SJSU, VTA KSCVB Cleanup, and San Jose District 3 Councilmember Omar Torres are teaming together to host a volunteer community cleanup in San Jose. The purpose of the event is to increase public awareness of the hazards to drivers and the environment of littering on the highways.
- Date: Saturday, Mrch 25, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Location: I-280/7th St, Southbound On-Ramp, San Jose (Directions)
- Parking: 195 E. Virginia St, San Jose (Directions)
Prize drawings for volunteers! (Must be 16 years or older. Limited capacity.)
- 9:00 to 9:15: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:15 to 9:30: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 9:30 to 11:00 Clean on-ramp area
- 11:00 to 11:15: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, drawing for prizes
- 11:15 to 11:30: Conclude event
Considerations for event day
Be prepared for cooler weather conditions in the morning. Wear layers, if possible. We encourage volunteers to wear long pants, closed-toed shoes, and sun protection (i.e. hats and sunglasses).
B.Y.O.B – Bring your own (reusable) bottle. We will have water to refill those containers.
Masks are not required but recommonded. (Masks will be provided should you forget to bring one).
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day. (10-day weather forecast for San Jose)
- Clean-up equipment, safety vests, and snacks will be provided.