Time & Location
Apr 23, 2022, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
US 101/E. Dunne Ave SB On-ramp
About the event
VTA, Keep Santa Clara Valley Beautiful, and Caltrans Clean CA are teaming together to host a volunteer community cleanup in the City of Morgan Hill. The purpose of the event is to increase public awareness of the hazards to drivers and the environment of littering on the highways.
- Date: Due to the forecasted rain rescheduled to Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: US 101/E. Dunne Ave Southbound On-ramp, Morgan Hill, CA (Directions)
- Parking: 820 East Dunne Ave, Morgan Hill, 95037 (Directions)
Prize drawings for volunteers! (Must be 16 years or older. Limited capacity.)
- 9:30 to 9:45: Volunteer check-in and pick-up cleaning gear
- 9:45 to 10:00: Event kick-off and safety briefing
- 10:00 to 11:30 Clean on-ramp area
- 11:30 to 11:45: Return gear, count trash, refreshments, drawing for prizes
- 11:45 to 12:00: Conclude event
Considerations for event day
Be prepared for cooler weather conditions in the morning. Wear layers, if possible. We encourage volunteers to wear long pants, closed-toed shoes, and sun protection (i.e. hats and sunglasses).
B.Y.O.B – Bring your own (reusable) bottle. We will have water to refill those containers.
Masks not required but recommonded. (Masks will be provided should you forget to bring one).
- This event will be cancelled if rain is forecasted for the clean-up day. (10-day weather forecast for Morgan Hill, CA)
- Clean-up equipment, safety vests, and snacks will be provided.